Monday, August 06, 2007

Sitting in a coffeeshop

How much work gets done in a coffeeshop? I retouched Desidarius Pongracz sparkling wine images, did RAW conversions on a prosthesis shoot, checked emails, did banking and wrote a delivery note, all the while having Hindu Chai tea and a banana muffin.

I think coffeeshops are the best kept secret in truly effective people's lives. You get your fix, look professional, do work, and manage not to feel alone and cut off from civilization as I do at times working alone in my studio. It's just a shame about the music sometimes. At the moment I'm exposed to a form of house-music that could've stayed at home.

I also read in coffeeshops. I've often done studies in a coffeeshop. A coffeeshop is a place of meeting, working, eating and drinking. I like coffeeshops.

1 comment:

Danie said...

Oh, the coffeeshops name is coffee and bites, V&A. THey have a powerpoint where you can plug your non-Centrino battery-eater into.

The muffins are nice and they waitress reasonably friendly.