Monday, March 31, 2008

Guest photographers at weddings



This is the view many photographers are faced with when they arrive to shoot a wedding. 300 digital cameras of various sizes and incarnations waiting to set off your synced lights, show up in the background of 80% of your pics (the tripod legs in the back are not mine - the owner thought it wise to set up his tripod in the isle for most of the service, push me out of the way and ask me to make way...). It's not my most favourite past time to remind people that I'm paid to be in attendance, and thus I have certain rights of movement.

Luckily, as a pro photographer, one of the traits of professionalism, is the ability to deal with man in its various incarnations, without upsetting guests or the host, with much humour and even more patience!

No comments: