Tuesday, November 04, 2008

From a different era

I happened to come upon this little optical slave whilst shopping for some manual flashes. I was offered this Nissin Synchro-Eye Slave Unit for a mere R100 as a novelty throw-in with the SB-16 I was buying, which by the way, I overpaid by about R500 (it cost me R600...) .

Compare this little thing with the Falcon Eyes (the ones I use) or even an upscale Hama for packaging and presentation. Its just not quite the same anymore!

 

20081104_004 20081104_005 20081104_006 20081104_008 

 

Oh, it works by the way. I think the resin body is ingenious as it lets light in from everywhere. The suction cup sucks and generally it's a neat little product that stood the test of time. It's small, real small, about half the size of a normal slave.

I own a Nissin hammerhead flash, which seems new enough, but haven't been able to find any info on this little gizmo anywhere. Anybody?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a google search, but couldn't find anything worthy of mentioning....