Friday, April 17, 2009

I get around

First off - the assistant position has been filled. After about 60 CV's, 300 hits on my ad at Gumtree and numerous queries, I have appointed a new assistant. He will be revealed 1 May 2009... What I realized is 2-fold: There are youngsters out there with some mad photography skills (I went solo age 21... I know the feeling of apprehension, despite having the skills), and  the market is depressed. It's depressing finding that freelancers who've been eeking it out for 3 to 4 years, suddenly has to start applying for junior positions to pay some bills. To those applicants and individuals I have one word: RESPECT. You're heroes, just keep going. I had to waiter tables in my first year to stay alive. God bless your efforts.

Then just a little post on getting around - some images from my shoots - just self-portraits (often taken as light tests).

 

Levi's Shoot at Studio. Jeremy behind me.

Me and JP at Wiel Coverhoot, Klipheuwel.

Taking a shot at Bouchard Finlayson, Hermanus

With Jeremy, Nissan Advertorial Shoot for Good Taste, Aquila Game Reserve, Touwsrivier

With Jeremy, Mount Plessir, Tulbach

Creation Wines, Hermanus

Mate's wedding, Bloubergstrand

Rust en Vrede, MyWeek Shoot, Stellensbosch

ITWEB Brainstorm Shoot, Engen Court, Cape Town

Aerial shoot, Hermanus

With guests, Kommetjie Lighthouse, KapEvent Wedding

Testing my Gary Fong Lighsphere, with DIY foil insert. 6:30 am....

 

So these are just random moments from my work days. I love my job. I love the people, the places, the business, the effort, the everything. Right now I like blogging - as part of work.

No comments: