Monday, May 24, 2010

Danie Nel Gallery

I’ve been mentioning my “Gallery” idea here and there, Tweeting it here and there, but it’s slowly coming to life. I’m working on creating a gallery section to my website, where you can see what I shoot to put up on a wall. It’ll lean toward my landscapy images, things that’s more decor and art orientated. However, here and there you’ll find something strange or weird. The most important part of this project is that I like it. I don’t care if it’s popular, really, I do this for kicks.  Anyways, here are a couple of tasters.

All these images are open edition prints, available in various sizes. If interested, please enquire.

1007_0068i lores

20081121_036 lores

I must say, I've not really gone out and said “I’m going to shoot images that’ll work well for decor”. I’ve only really taken pics of where I am. I don’t try and do say something with the images, or really even document, but more just… create and move on.

20081226_273i lores

C&M_223 lores 20091218_0053i lores

Camps Bay 1 lores

S012 lores

S063 lores

Seapoint 2 lores

S136 lores

I’ve never had an exhibition (solo) of my pictorial images, and I don’t really think they justify one either. To me it feels like an exhibition needs to have a theme, and the theme of my “gallery” is “whatever, whenever”. Some might think the images are staid, old, conservative…well, then that’s that. I shoot strange stuff on film, which will come in another project called: “Film’s not dead it just smells funny”. But for now, my gallery is images that I’d like to put up on my wall. If you do too, thanx, I appreciate that, if not, that’s cool too.




No comments: