Thursday, July 12, 2012

FREE WORKSHOP

photo-July

DISCLAIMER: I did not write the bio on the invite. I feel rather uncomfortable calling myself “renowned”.

So, I’m not big on doing workshops. I’ve facilitated a couple of classes at Cape Peninsula University on Technology, and this and that, and have enjoyed the interaction for the most part, but have been a bit disillusioned by the flood of photographers hosting workshops these days, simply because they cannot find enough work to earn money. Not that there is anything wrong with a legitimate workshop and well-planned event, and you get your money’s worth, but I’ve been hearing too many complaints about big amounts of money spent on days where the lecturer on the day was a waste of time and money for all involved. I think there are very worthwhile photographer-teachers out there, and if only they’d offer workshops, I’d be too glad to part with some dosh.

Anyways, Hirsch’s Homestore in Milnerton approached me to come facilitate a workshop – FOR FREE – at their store on the 17th of July. Jean Nel from Flamed Food will be creating some beautiful dishes and styling them in order for us to shoot. The whole workshop, including food prep will be about an hour, so it promises not to waste your time.

It’s not meant to be an exhaustive study of food photography, but rather a glimpse into what it takes to do images of food, and a couple of tips for you to try at home.

Come along and check it out. Please RSVP to the email address supplied.

No comments: