Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Shooting a Time-Lapse on Cape Town

So herewith a little video of how I shot the time-lapses I ended up using in my Hammerfall video for Crashtackle, my band.

On this particular day, in early 2014, the wind was absolutely howling, as it does when the clouds look best on Table Mountain. I apologise for the bad sound! Where necessary I added subtitles.



In short: I used the Triggertrap MD3-N3 Mobile Dongle and N3 Cable Kit Remote Release for Canon (Red) with my Samsung Galaxy Note, a Canon 5D Mk II with a variety of lenses, a Manfrotto tripod and a sandbag. I also mention the nice little cell phone holder designed for bicycles, that holds the phone in place, as it triggers the camera. For your convenience here is a link to where you can get the Trigger Trap.




Settings: 1 second intervals

The reason is that the clouds were actually moving quickly as it is, and if I made the intervals any longer, at 25 frames per second in the final render, the clouds would move too quickly and look comical, not dramatic.

Render: 25 frames per second, 1080p


And here is the music video I ended up using it in:



The clips are also available as stock footage directly from me. Please contact me for pricing.






No comments: